Agenda Item
Meeting Date: 9/1/2020 - 5:00 PM
Category: Adoption of Consent Agenda
Type: Action
Subject: Design/Build Agreement for Upgrade to Building Automation System at Mountain Ridge Middle School
End Statements:
Enclosure: Attachment #1: Design Build Agreement BAS MRMS
File Attachment:
Design Build Agreement BAS MRMS.pdf
Summary : At the request of the Douglas County School District Construction department and NV5, Setpoint Systems Corporation, a DCSD sole source contractor for Delta Building Controls, submitted a proposal on June 29, 2020, to upgrade the Building Automation System (BAS) at Mountain Ridge Middle School. Providing upgrades to the BAS at Mountain Ridge Middle School is included as a Capital Improvement Project in the 2018 Bond. A BAS contractor is required to perform this work.

Currently, Delta Building Controls makes up 80% of the BAS throughout DCSD. It is the intent to standardize the BAS for the remaining 20% of DCSD schools over the next three (3) years. Setpoint Systems Corporation is currently the only authorized Delta Building Controls dealer in Colorado. A Sole Source Justification was requested and approved pursuant to board policy DJ, Section - Noncompetitive/Sole Source Purchases items number 2, 3 and 4.

A Design/Build Agreement was issued to Setpoint Systems Corporation for a total of $616,759 for Building Automation System Upgrades at Mountain Ridge Middle School.

2018 Bond funds will pay for this award and are included in the Bond planning budgets.
Funding:
Recommendation: That the Board of Education approve the Design/Build Agreement with Setpoint Systems Corporation for Building Automation System Upgrades at Mountain Ridge Middle School under adoption of Consent Agenda.
Approvals:
Recommended By:
Signed By:
Richard Cosgrove - Chief Operations Officer
Signed By:
Dr. Thomas Tucker - Superintendent
Vote Results:

Original Motion
Member Susan Meek Moved, Member Krista Holtzmann seconded to approve the Original motion 'That the Board approve the Design/Build Agreement with Setpoint Systems Corporation for Building
Automation System Upgrades at Mountain Ridge Middle School under adoption of Consent Agenda.'. Upon a Roll-Call Vote being taken, the vote was: Aye: 6 Nay: 1.
The motion Carried 6 - 1
   
Ray D     Yes
Christina Ciancio-Schor     No
Anthony Graziano     Yes
Krista Holtzmann     Yes
Kevin Leung     Yes
Susan Meek     Yes
Elizabeth Hanson     Yes