Agenda Item
Meeting Date: 2/19/2019 - 5:00 PM
Category: Adoption of Consent Agenda
Type: Action
Subject: Setpoint Controls Spend Authority for SY 2018-2019 and SY 2019-2020
End Statements:
End Statement V Financial Well-Being
Financial Well-Being
Enclosure:
File Attachment:
Summary : SetPoint Systems will need Board Approval due to the estimated spend for both SY 2018-2019 & SY 2019-2020. The spend for SetPoint Systems is estimated at $2.4 million for 7 building controls upgrade projects at the following schools: Eldorado Elementary, Acres Green Elementary, Prairie Crossing Elementary, Sagewood Middle School, Frontier Valley Elementary, Legacy Point Elementary, and Ranch View Middle School. The 7 controls projects are planned to be completed over the summer of 2019.

Currently, Delta Building Controls makes up 80% of the building automation systems throughout DCSD. It is our intent to standardize our BAS (Building Automation System) for the remaining 20% of DCSD schools over the next 3 years. Setpoint Systems is currently the only authorized Delta Building Controls dealer in Colorado. A Sole Source Justification was requested and approved pursuant to board policy DJ, Section - Noncompetitive/Sole Source Purchases items number 2, 3 and 4.

These 7 building controls upgrades will be completed summer 2019, thus crossing over school years. This spend will be funded by the Bond.
Funding:
Recommendation: That the Board of Education approve the spend up to $2.4 million with Setpoint Systems for SY 2018-2019 & SY 2019-2020 under adoption of Consent Agenda.
Approvals:
Recommended By:
Signed By:
Scott S. Smith - Chief Financial Officer
Signed By:
Dr. Thomas Tucker - Superintendent
Vote Results:

Original Motion
Member Vogel W Moved, Member Krista Holtzmann seconded to approve the Original motion 'That the Board of Education approve the spend up to $2.4 million with Setpoint Systems for SY 2018-2019 & SY 2019-2020 under adoption of Consent Agenda.'. Upon a Roll-Call Vote being taken, the vote was: Aye: 6 Nay: 0.
The motion Carried 6 - 0